What causes us to change....to see our life head in a different direction? Is it a traumatizing event...a feeling inside....an ultimatum? When you want something, but it seems out of reach, how do you attain it? Whether it is weight loss, health, love, money. Children, a home, a job.
Material items, I think are much easier to attain. You just put away a few dollars here and there and one day, you will eventually get to your goal. But to change the way you think is much more difficult. I want, more than anything, to be a good mother. No, not just a good mother, a GREAT mother. I want my children to look back fondly on their childhood and remember how great their life was. Now, I am not so naive to think that there would'nt ever be struggles, but I do not want to "white-knuckle" it through their childhood.
Like mine was.
I do not EVER want my children to feel badly for who they are. Or what they aspire to be or do. I want them to remember that their parents fully supported them and help guide them into adulthood. To feel uncomfortable with the way they look, talk, think. I do not want my children to ever question their worth, or that they are loved.
Like I did.
I want to have laughter and joy in our home. To celebrate the great times...and face the bad. I want my children to appreciate the family they have and cherish the time we spend together. I want them to see the importance of love and respect. Of helping others and being helped. I do not ever want my children to think of a gift as payment for a future service.
Like I did.
Every day we have a choice to live with love or with anger. What choice are you making?
No comments:
Post a Comment