So I decided to keep track of all the things I do before noon. BK (before kids), I wasn't even CONSCIOUS before 12:00, so I thought, maybe, when I am old and lonely, I could look back and see what a nightmare my days are...smile. So, in no particular order, here are the events from 6 am to noon.
Made coffee. Drank coffee. Ahhhhhhh.
Washed the kitchen floor.
Applied 2 band aids.
Infiltrated my lungs with poisonous, and potentially cancer-causing materials. Bad for the body, but oh-so-good for the mind.
Scrubbed the toilet.
Played I Spy with my 5 year old.
Wrote a blog post about all the things I do before noon.
Threw out a vaguely familiar container of green goo from the refrigerator.
Vacuumed 4 1/2 pounds of cereal off of the dining room floor.
Cursed my Dad for buying the boys 60 mini boxes of cereal.
Called Poison Control to find out if having your child eat enough Tums to fill his cheeks like a chipmunk would induce a coma. (No...but it may cause a tummy ache...just FYI)
Washed 3 loads of laundry.
Assembled 2 puzzles.
Popped a zit (sorry!).
Donned a HAZMAT suit to disinfect the kitchen table.
Payed bills. Sigh.
Delivered (yes...DELIVERED) lunch to my husband who is working from home today.
Worked on the plans for our trip.
Broke up...ahhhhh.....crap, I dunno....50 fights.
Scheduled karate lessons.
Marveled in the incredible intelligence of my children.
Imagined smacking my husband for telling me he "needs some quiet time" while I was talking to him.
Made breakfast, a snack and lunch.
Put 2 kids in time out (you figure out which ones...smile).
Swept the kitchen floor.
Gave and received a bazillion, yes, a bazillion hugs.
Changed my husband's address (long story).
Wiped several butts.
Searched out and destroyed the item causing an awful odor in the laundry room.
Answered no less than 25 questions that, to my kids, seemed of utmost importance.
Cleaned the outside of the refrigerator.
Got 3 kids dressed.
Found 2,739 ITTY-BITTY Lego pieces on the floor and put them away. AGAIN.
Changed 3 dirty diapers.
Made my bed.
Had at least 5 daydreams.
Washed 3 different kinds of fruit.
Folded and put away 4 loads of laundry.
Sorted through a forest of stray papers and mail that has accumulated on my desk.
Sourced the location of both the DVD and book of the next Harry Potter I am reading to James.
Wondered how, with all that gets done around here, I could possibly be so fat.
No comments:
Post a Comment