Day 2 of 2009 summer vacation and the words that mothers all over the world love to hear were uttered today. "Mooommmmm...I'm bbbooooorrrreeeeedddd!" Day 2. DAY 2!
The obvious response to such a statement is, and was, the time honored "I suggest you find something to do before I GIVE you something to do." I felt like such a mom. I also pulled out the When *I* Was A Kid card. You know...when I was a kid, all WE had to play with was a rusty can, a rock we found in the woods behind our house and a basketball hoop we made out of twigs. AND WE LIKED IT! It didn't seem to phase MTS (My Three Sons). As a matter of fact, I think I heard them rolling their eyes at me.
In a more positive turn of events, we found the f***ing (and I say that with all the love I can muster...grin) cat that bit Jack yesterday. We called animal control and the kitty is currently being whisked away to solitary confinement for 10 days to be sure it doesn't have rabies.
Honestly, can the summer get much more interesting. Apparently, not for MTS.
No comments:
Post a Comment