
This is a picture Jack draw of his friends at Rainbow school.
I have the most amazing friends. You are going to hear that word a lot in this post. AMAZING. Whether I have known them for years, or we just recently met, whether we are related or not, I am happy to say they are my friends. I know my blog has sort of been a place to document all the "Linge Boys' Adventures", but I am feeling a large part of who we are is missing by leaving out these fabulous people. I won't name names (unless you want me to..smile), so here goes!
Ms. D.G. is someone who will forever be special to me because she has the most incredible capacity to nurture the soul. She surrounds herself with her family, and while complaining that she has absolutely ZERO free time, still finds it in her heart to help others. She has, in the past, helped me through one of the most difficult times in my life. She is a mother in every sense of the word, and I hold her in the highest regard for it.
Ms. H.P. is a friend that I have had for years, but only known recently. We are so similar that we could be sisters, and I joke that one of us HAD to be put up for adoption because of it. She is calm, kind, loving and generous. She has an incredible tranquility about her and yet is the funniest person I know. Her ability to look deep into herself and not only verbalize, but try to CHANGE the things she doesn't like is astounding to me. She has sat through countless hours of my psycho-analyzing myself and still comes back for more! I have so much respect for her opinion because I know that she will be absolutely truthful, yet still care enough to be kind. I am so grateful for Ms. H.P.!
Ms. J.S. is my best friend from long ago. We lost touch for years, but thanks to technology (smile) we were able to reconnect. What is amazing to me about Ms. J.S. is that she was a mother LONG before I had any concept of what that word meant. She has always had aspirations to better herself, contrary to what I, or anyone else thought at the time. While we were having fun and getting into trouble, she was re-dedicating herself to achieve what she thought was, and what should have been to me, most important. While I went left...she continued right and now has the most incredible family because of it. She has worked hard for herself and her kids and has the brightest future ahead of her.
Ms. L.B. is someone I met a few years ago. This woman....I just cannot put into words how much I respect, appreciate and adore her. She was with one of My Three Sons on a weekly basis and saw us through many growing pains. But she met every obstacle with grace and kindness. Never made anyone feel uncomfortable, or unloved. I just wish I could make her understand just how special she is. She is someone who I will go out of my way to keep in my life...and I would be there for her just as she was for my family.
Ms. R.A.S. is someone I met when a specific part of my soul needed to be nurtured. Every week I would see her and like a warm blanket, she would envelope me and Joseph in kind words and laughter. She the epitome of the word "mother". I would listen to her tales of time spent with her various grandchildren and be in awe of not only the time she invested, but her sheer lack of feeling anything but grateful for being allowed the time to spend with them. I lovingly call her my surrogate mom.
Ms. P.H. is my newest friend. She has been through UNIMAGINABLY difficult events in the last few years and is still the funniest, most optimistic person I have met. Ms. P.H. is actually what made me start thinking of writing this post; I had heard through the grapevine that she was feeling unlovable...and the more I learn about her the more amazing I think she is!! This woman has got a spirit about her that is blinding, I just can't believe that she would ever think that. She is the most talented person I have ever met and I am so excited to see what the future holds for our friendship!
These women, and so many more, have allowed me to see what my potential in life is as a friend, mother and person based on their capacity to share their love, wisdom and humor. I have often said that I never had a full filling job until my job as a mother came along, and I am SO grateful to have these people along for the ride!
I realize just how sappy all of this sounds...trust me! But as I, *GASP*, get older I am realizing the value in telling people how special they are when you have the chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment